The Society of Illustrators is so happy to reopen its doors to the local community and beyond! Beginning September 16th, all visitors must reserve a timed ticket through our website. Please be aware, New York State Covid-19 Travel Advisory requires visitors from certain states to quarantine for 14 days. If you are traveling to NYC from any of these states, visitors are required to complete the online Travel Health Form.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Museum! A review of our visitor guidelines below can help you prepare for your visit. By visiting the Society, you agree to to abide by these policies.
Visitors are expected to bring their own mask or appropriate face covering and will be required to wear it at all times. Masks will be available should a visitor need one. Visitors will be refused entry or asked to leave should they decline to wear a mask or appropriate face covering. Some visitors (e.g. those under 2 or those with a medical condition) may be unable to wear face coverings and we will accommodate these requests in accordance with CDC Guidelines.
The Society will provide a simple health-screening questionnaire for assessing COVID-19 symptoms. We will be doing temperature checks upon arrival.
All visitors are required to maintain social distancing, keeping 6 ft from anyone not in their party.
Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the Museum.
Clear signage will support and communicate arrival protocols throughout the building.
The Society is hosting both onsite and online exhibits.
All programming will continue to remain online under the virtual platform SI AT YOUR SERVICE.
The 128 Bar & Bistro will not be serving food at this time. The patio will be open for drinks during Museum Hours.
Coat-check facilities will not be available. Visitors with large bags can be refused admission. All garments, backpacks, briefcases, and bags must remain on your person and cannot be left unattended. Luggage, sealed boxes, garment bags, bicycles, skateboards, skates, scooters, plants, flowers, food, and musical instruments may not be brought into the museum. On wet days, umbrella bags will be available.
The Society will encourage, but not require, visitors to provide contact information so that they can be logged and contacted for contact tracing. This may require the collection of customers’ email addresses and phone numbers. The Society will adhere to State Guidelines regarding secure data collection, storage, and deletion provisions.
If an employee or visitor was in close contact with others at the Society of Illustrators and is known to test positive for COVID-19, the Society will immediately notify State and NYC Health Departments and cooperate with contact-tracing efforts, which may include notification of potential contacts, such as employees or visitors (if known) who had close contact with the individual, while maintaining confidentiality required by State and federal law and regulations.
ADDITIONAL SAFETY GUIDELINES:
- Travelers from states designated by New York State as having significant COVID-19 community transmission are required to quarantine for fourteen days upon entering New York and may not visit the Society during this period.
- An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and other infectious conditions exists in any public space where people are present. Those visiting the Museum of Illustration at the Society of Illustrators voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19, other infectious conditions, and other hazards that may be present in a public space.
- All restrooms have occupancy limits and restroom keys will be available at the reception desk.
- Stay home if you are feeling sick. For more information about COVID-19, check the CDC website.
- The Society reserves the right to refuse or revoke the admission of any visitor whose conduct violates these guidelines.
Questions? Please contact 212.838.2560 or email email@example.com.