The Society of Illustrators has reopened its doors to the local community and beyond. We look forward to welcoming you to the Museum! Timed ticketing is available. Walk-ins are welcome! A review of our visitor guidelines below can help you prepare for your visit.
All visitors are required to wear a face covering at all times in the museum, as well as provide proof of vaccination. Vaccination requirements and venue protocols are subject to change, be sure to check back for the latest information.
By visiting the Society, you agree to to abide by these policies.
- Full Vaccination: People 5 and older will be required to show proof they have received two COVID-19 vaccines authorized for emergency use by the FDA or WHO upon arrival to the Museum, except for those who have received the one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- Visitors 18 and older need to present an ID matching the name on your vaccine documentation.
- Individuals under the age of 5 may enter without displaying proof of vaccination so long as they wear a face mask, except when eating and drinking, whenever they are unable to maintain six feet of social distance from other people. Minors must be accompanied by a vaccinated adult.
Proof of vaccination includes:
- NYC COVID Safe App: Android | iOS
- Excelsior Pass
- CDC Vaccination Card (or photo)
- NYC Vaccination Record
- An official immunization record from outside NYC or the U.S
NOTE: We will also accept other forms of proof of vaccination from other states including CDC Vaccination cards (with photo id), etc.
If you received the vaccine outside the U.S., you must have an official immunization record that includes:
- First name and last name
- Date of birth
- Vaccine product name (only vaccines authorized by the WHO are acceptable)
- Date(s) administered
- Site where the vaccine was administered, or name of the person who administered it
Face coverings are still required for all visitors, even if you are fully vaccinated. Visitors are expected to bring their own mask or appropriate face covering and will be required to wear it at all times. Masks will be available should a visitor need one. Visitors will be refused entry or asked to leave should they decline to wear a mask or appropriate face covering. Some visitors (e.g. those under 2 or those with a medical condition) may be unable to wear face coverings and we will accommodate these requests in accordance with CDC Guidelines.
Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the Museum.
Clear signage will support and communicate arrival protocols throughout the building.
The Society is hosting both onsite and online exhibits.
Programming is now being offered in-person, with proof of vaccination status. In addition, the Society will continue to produce online programs. See above for more details.
FIELD TRIPS & GROUP TOURS:
The Society has enacted several new protocols for field trips and group tours. Please visit our bookings page to learn more…
The 128 Bar & Bistro is serving beverages only. The Hall of Fame Dining Room and the terrace are now open to visitors during Museum Hours. Admission tickets required to visit the Bar. Timed ticketing is available. Walk-ins are welcome!
Coat-check facilities will not be available. Visitors with large bags can be refused admission. All garments, backpacks, briefcases, and bags must remain on your person and cannot be left unattended. Luggage, sealed boxes, garment bags, bicycles, skateboards, skates, scooters, plants, flowers, food, and musical instruments may not be brought into the museum. On wet days, umbrella bags will be available.
ADDITIONAL SAFETY GUIDELINES:
- An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and other infectious conditions exists in any public space where people are present. Those visiting the Museum of Illustration at the Society of Illustrators voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19, other infectious conditions, and other hazards that may be present in a public space.
- Stay home if you are feeling sick. For more information about COVID-19, check the CDC website.
- The Society reserves the right to refuse or revoke the admission of any visitor whose conduct violates these guidelines.
Questions? Please contact 212.838.2560 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.