The Society of Illustrators presents The Original Art: Celebrating the Fine Art of Children’s Book Illustration: A Virtual Awards Ceremony and Presentation
- This event has passed.
The Original Art 2020: Virtual Awards Ceremony
November 5, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm$15.00
This year’s Ceremony will take place on Zoom, and all guests are required to register with a Zoom Account prior to the ceremony. Detailed directions on registering for this event are available below.
Preview beginning at 5:00pm
Guests and artists may log into Zoom to test their connections prior to the event. Viewers will enjoy a slideshow of images to celebrate 40 years of The Original Art, as well as trivia and music.
Ceremony begins at 6:00pm
Hosted live from the Society of Illustrators, you will view mini-documentaries and hear words from our hosts and Award Winners!
$15 General Admission
Artists in the show do not have to pay to view this event. A separate email will be sent to Artists containing a private link to register for the virtual event. Tickets are non-transferable.
October 28 – December 30th, 2020.
Learn more about the on-site and virtual exhibit.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE ORIGINAL ART 2020 VIRTUAL AWARDS CEREMONY
Step 1: Purchase a Ticket
- Purchase a ticket for The Original Art Awards Ceremony at societyillustrators.org (coming soon!)
- Once your payment has been processed, you will also receive a separate email from email@example.com with a program and schedule of events, and a link to register for the official Zoom webinar.
- If you already have a Zoom account, you may go ahead and register for the webinar. If you do not have an account, please follow the instructions below.
Step 2: Create a Zoom Account
- You MUST have a zoom account to view the ceremony. After receiving the email receipt, go to zoom.us and click the button “Sign Up For Free”.
- Input your information on the next pages.
- An email will be sent to you. Please check your inbox to activate your account. Follow the instructions in the email.
- Make sure to remember or write down the email and password you use to create your Zoom account. You need this information to access The OA Awards Ceremony webinar.
Step 3: Joining The Original Art Zoom Webinar
- Once you have registered for The OA Awards Ceremony webinar, an email will be sent to you from Zoom.
- In this email you will find the words “CLICK HERE TO JOIN.” Click this link to access the webinar. Sign in using your Zoom account email and password. You may click this link anytime to test out your connection.
Please contact us for any assisantance prior to the event. We are here to help! Society staff will not be available for support during the virtual Ceremony.