To the Original Art Community,
We are thrilled to announce that, once again, the Society will be hosting an in-person celebration of The Original Art! It will be a joy to welcome you back into our building and to share with you a marvelous display of illustrations from this year’s top books.
Because of continuing concerns about COVID-19, the Society has implemented important protocols for in-person events. To follow these protocols and allow attendees to celebrate in a safe and healthy environment, the 2021 Original Art Reception will be held on two consecutive nights: Wednesday, November 17th from 6:30pm to 8:30pm, and Thursday, November 18th from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING THE NOVEMBER 17th RESERVATION PAGE. To view the November 18th page, go here.
Please read the following guidelines in order to prepare for an easy check-in:
- This may seem obvious, but it must be stated anyway: If you’re not feeling well, please stay home.
- For this event, you must be vaccinated to be admitted.
- Upon arrival at the museum, you will be required to show proof that you have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
- You must present an ID matching the name on your vaccine documentation.
- To avoid lines, or if you would like to view the exhibit prior to the reception, you may check in at any time during the day of the selected reception. Staff will be available to do vaccine checks and will provide a color-coded wristband that will enable you to attend the reception.
- There will be no coat or bag check, and carrying large bags or briefcases is discouraged.
- Guests are encouraged to wear masks when not enjoying a beverage from the bar.
- There will be a cash bar open on two separate floors.
- The Society’s dining room is closed, and refreshments will not be available during the reception. Please make plans to enjoy dinner with friends elsewhere.
- Please note, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and other infectious conditions exists in any public space where people are present. Those visiting the Museum of Illustration at the Society of Illustrators voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19, other infectious conditions, and other hazards that may be present in a public space.
We know that many of you have not seen each other for a long time and are anxious to reconnect. For this reason, and to avoid having people congregate in a crowd, we will not hold a live award ceremony this year. Instead, we’ll pre-record the winners’ acceptance speeches, and they will be viewable on a monitor in the gallery and on our website. (Award winners will be emailed directly with more information.)
Thank you for your understanding concerning our guidelines. We cannot wait to celebrate the fine art of children’s book illustration with you and to see you all again!